6 Key Qualities to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
Finding a real agent to assist you with the process of buying or selling a home is a big decision that should not be taken lightly. Picking the right agent can save you lots of time, money, and unnecessary stress. On the other hand, picking the wrong agent can cost you BIG, and even have long-term consequences.
Here are six key qualities to look for in a real estate agent:
- Experience. Although it seems like a no-brainer, having an agent who has a good amount of experience working in the industry is a safe bet. These agents have likely worked with many individuals and families, and may be more familiar with the various aspects of the buying and selling process than newer agents.
- Knowledge. A good agent should have knowledge of the current housing market and economic trends. An agent who is familiar with the area you are looking to buy or sell in, can help advise you when it comes to making decisions regarding pricing and other components of the transaction.
- Good communication skills. Because buying or selling a home can sometimes seem like a daunting process, it is important that you find an agent who has excellent communication skills. Having an agent that communicates in a clear and concise manner can help you better understand the ins and outs of the process. Furthermore, finding one who is approachable and responsive is vital.
- Good reputation. Agents that have a good reputation within the community are great to work with. However, finding one with a good reputation make take a little work on your end. Try asking around and doing some research. Find out which agents your friends, family, and neighbors have used. Once you select a few potential candidates, be sure to look at their online reviews to see what former clients have to say about their experience.
- Patience. Any good real agent understands that having patience is a big part of their job. As a buyer or seller, you are making a decision that probably will not come easily or quickly. A good agent won’t rush the process. He or she will take the time to walk you through every step and answer any questions you may have along the way.
- Problem-solving abilities. The process of buying or selling a home can be unpredictable, and because of this, the best agents have learned to become expert problem-solvers incase unexpected issues arise. Those who can think quick on their feet and come up with a solution that is advantageous to their clients, make for the best agents.
Looking for a real estate agent in St. Louis? Our team of agents are skilled, passionate, and dedicated to helping you find or sell your property. Click HERE to find an agent near you.
Share This Post
|Previous Post||Next Post|